The Town Accountant's Office is responsible for compiling and maintaining the financial records of the Town of Athol to insure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Some of the functions of the office are:
- Maintenance of Cash Receipts Records
- Reconciliation of receipts to the Treasurer's Detail
- Processing of Payroll for All Town Departments
- Processing of All Payments to Vendors and Individuals
- Maintenance of all records of Grants, Gifts and other Special Revenue Funds
- Preparing reports of Revenue and Expenditure and Departmental Budget Balances